Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Memories of Summer


Summer really flew by this year. Much of it was cooler than most years. I was a little flabbergasted when I heard a report on the radio noting that there were only 3 days in June in which it did not rain. And I worked in the rain many of the days it did rain.

That said, I had a mostly enjoyable summer on a lovely job. I met many lovely people and worked very reasonable hours. The latter part is very unusual in my field.

I thought I would post some pictures from this summer as a farewell to summer and a welcome to autumn:



The evening sky after a particularly dramatic summer thunderstorm I was lucky enough to enjoy under cover. Lightning bolts were going off very near by. When I'm not getting wet, I love watching summer storms, feeling the force of the winds.


This is someone's backyard in Carroll Gardens! I almost deleted the image because it looks like I used a filter. It looks so cliched! Then I realised that if this is the image from a first generation iPhone, the light is pretty nice. It felt psychedelic if I stared at the flora for too long. The garden also called to mind Monet, of course.


I got out of a subway station and waited for a van to take me to one of the Silvercup studios one evening. There was nothing there but a road and a subway stop. Then I spied a lit sign in the distance and I really liked the way the yellow light worked with the sky at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment