Friday, August 2, 2013

Union Square Farmers Market

The Puppy and I went to the farmers market this morning.  I had planned on getting a bunch of kale and some mesclun salad.  It did not work out that way.  Of course, I bought far more produce than that.

The Queens County Farm Museum has a stand at the market on Fridays and it is hard to stop by and then leave empty-handed.

For one thing, I love the presentation:



I am always taken by a nice chalkboard:


And who could resist these - fairytale eggplants:


Or these heirloom tomatoes:


I left and then circled back for some of these leeks:


It is amazing that there is a farm within the city limits with such lovely produce.  I was told it is open to the public for visits.

www.queensfarm.org

www.grownyc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment