Friday, August 9, 2013

White Peaches


Sometimes, I think I live to eat white peaches from the Farmers Market in the summer.  I hauled home close to seven pounds' worth of white peaches and white nectarines this morning.  This particular farmer is only at the market on Fridays and I wanted to make sure that we had enough peaches and nectarines to last the week.  The lovely man at the stand gave me some donut peaches to try and a small piece of melon to sample as well.  The donut peaches need to ripen before I try them, but the piece of melon was perfect.  Three very ripe peaches - they really tasted as if they had been sweetened with honey - were devoured for breakfast when I got home.

Toigo Orchards
Union Square Farmers Market on Fridays
Tompkins Square and Stuyvesant Farmers Markets on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment